July 12 to 14, Vancouver will host the first game of the event organizer jam iamagamer - 48 hours jam focused on development of original games with female characters.
"This unprecedented event held the prevailing view that video games are for kids and games with strong female main characters is not going to sell," said the press statement announced. "These stereotypes are not only good, but also have a negative impact on the industry."
Jam will be held at the Vancouver Centre for Digital Media, the public begins to get stuck at 18 pm local time on Friday to cease its activities jam 48 hours later, on Sunday evening. It encourages all artists, designers, developers and writers to register and participate - to date more than 150 people have registered to participate in the event, either in place or in Vancouver one of the many satellite events happening simultaneously elsewhere.
- Oculus Rift Raises Another $16 Million
- Rumor: The Former Face Of Onimusha Is Giving Up Vi...
- Apogee Suing Gearbox Over Unpaid Royalties For Duk...
- Feedbackula - Saints Row Ban Bother
- WRUP: The summer rain
- iamagamer's first game jam focused on creating fem...
- Star Wars Pinball cloned on Wii U July 11
- Arma dev Bohemia Interactive making Mars Rover sim...
- League of Evil 3
- Nintendo developer video compares Super Smash Bros...
- Super Mario 3D World: Hands-on impressions
- State of Decay rises on XBLA June 5
- PSA: Limbo now on iOS, Monaco moves to Mac
- GameSpot GamePlay Episode 40: Happy Happyism
- Samurai Shodown 2 now available on iOS and Android...
- Sony, Microsoft Squabble Over Console Features, Bu...
- ▼ กรกฎาคม (16)
- ► 2012 (547)
- ► 2011 (609)